Who We Are
Forensic Interviewer- Kimberly Duffy, MSW, LSW
Kimberly has fifteen years of investigative experience handling child abuse cases. She worked for Adams County Children and Youth Services for almost ten years. Initially, as a caseworker, conducting the investigations with a specialization in sexual abuse investigations and then, as a casework supervisor, overseeing the investigations. Kim has been the forensic interviewer for Adams County Children’s Advocacy Center since February 2007. In addition to her responsibilities as the forensic interviewer, sits on the Adams County Child Abuse Prevention Task Force and the Adams County Child Death Review Team, and is a trained facilitator of the child abuse prevention program, Darkness to Light/Stewards of Children. In 2006, she created the minimal facts protocol for Adams County and has provided training to first responders since that time. In 2009, Kim was selected as a faculty member for the Pennsylvania ChildFirst Team. In March of 2012, Kim accepted a part-time position as Training Coordinator for the Pennsylvania State Chapter of CACs and MDTs for the MDT Continuous Practice Improvement Program.
Forensic Interviewing Related Training:
• Forensic Interviewing Training, Huntsville, Alabama, May 2004
• CornerHouse Child Sexual Abuse Forensic Interview Training, McHenry, Maryland, April 2007
• Forensic Evaluation Training, Huntsville, Alabama, May 2007
• Advanced Forensic Interviewing Training, Huntsville, Alabama, May 2007
• Talk To Me Like I Am Three, MCRC Educational Call with Julie Kenniston, LSW, May 14, 2009
• Interviewing Child Witnesses of Violent Crime, NCPTC webinar with Amy Russell, September 2, 2009
• The Best Kept Secret: Mother Daughter Sexual Abuse, The Annual Mid-Atlantic Conference on Child Abuse and Neglect with Julie Brand, October 28, 2009
• National ChildFirst Interviewing Children and Preparing for Court, NCPTC, November 16-20, 2009
• When Faith Hurts: Overcoming Spirituality Based Blocks and Problems Before, During and After the Forensic Interview, with Victor Vieth, Esq., and When the Victim is Very Young: Investigating and Prosecuting Cases of Child Sexual Abuse When the Victim is Pre or Non-Verbal with Victor Vieth, Esq., hosted by the Philadelphia Children’s Alliance, December 11, 2009
• When Words Matter, NCPTC, July 12-15, 2010
• NCA Leadership Conference, June 6-8, 2011, Washington, D.C.
• APSAC Symposium, July 14-16, 2011, Philadelphia, PA